1 post spam messages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagged blade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: 1 post spam messages Reply with quote

May or may not be able to do this but how about making it that a first time poster has to do an introductions page then if they ever bother to make a second post we can guess it's not spam, might work to cut them down might not. Question

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
jgmu97

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the limit on some forums where posters have to have the account for 24 hours before posting, and they cannot post a new thread until they've replied to a certain number.

Seems to work as these 1 post spastics are starting to piss me off Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc - Highly Upgraded MTB
1980's Peugeot Carbolite 103 - Project Fixie
ga-rat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgmu97 wrote:
I like the limit on some forums where posters have to have the account for 24 hours before posting, and they cannot post a new thread until they've replied to a certain number.

Seems to work as these 1 post spastics are starting to piss me off Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Some are quite funny though! Shocked

My Boardman Team HT 650b

My Scott Aspect - Upgrades & Bling(now sold)

FlickYourEndOut - YouTube

Ga-rat
darryllod

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgmu97 wrote:

+1 on this although some replies to spam posts lately have made me laugh.
spacemonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is when you get a new member with a gen question that is a bit stupid/random we are just going to think "here we go again" so when someone tells Him/Her to piss off they may think the forum is aggressive and may not contribute to the forum if the future.

I too think it would be a good idea if they were unable to post for a period of time.
Hobo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quick thoughts as someone who found lots of useful information on this forum - even before I registered...

A first post in the introductions seems the sensible (& polite) thing to do, no reason why it shouldn't be one of the forum rules. May be difficult to make the system enforce it.

One of the forums I use had *big* problems with 1-post spammers, "I like this their_weblink - what do you think?", it's not just this forum. They intorduced a "report this" button so users can flag it to mods.

I'm trying to be sensible but don't be surprised if you see daft/obvious questions from me as things have changed a lot since I was last involved in bikes.

Hope it helps!

cheers,
Pete Cool
Thr0bbin r0biN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely anyone who's genuinely interested in contributing to the forum would write a proper introduction any way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: