1 X 10 TO 1 X 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meridaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: 1 X 10 TO 1 X 11 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Currently have a 1 x 10 set up, using a 42T expander ring and sacrificing the 15T sprocket. Gear changing is not very smooth at all, even tried a one up RADR Cage but made very little difference.
I have been told that I can fit a Shimano 11 speed cassette onto the hub, the lowest gear sprocket is apparently offset to take advantage of the spoke angles, meaning that in effect the second lowest gear would be in the current low gear position?
I like this idea but am a little concerned that the chain is going to be running very close to the spokes. I also prefer SRAM shifters, which means I will need a SRAM rear derailleur, does any one know if the SRAM 11 speed shifters and derailleur works OK with the shimano cassette? I can apparently use an 11 - 42 cassette? I cannot apparently use a SRAM cassette as it will not fit the shimano hub?
Anybody know if any of this actually works, I was always led to believe that changing to 11 speed would involve a new rear wheel and all that goes with it?
Any advice greatly appreciated

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Attila

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely use the xt 11-42 cassette with sram shifter and derailleur.

The sram cassettes need a different freehub (xd driver) which allows them to use a 10 tooth sprocket.

'15 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo comp 29er
'14 Claud Butler Torino SR4
'14 Whyte 629
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: