Attila's Radical Ducati Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Attila

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I haven't been updating this thread, life has been busy recently and with the amount of cycling I am doing now I have not been able to make any major progress.

The project has, however, taken an unexpected twist. It appears the amount we have done to the bike will cause us to fall foul of the IVA regulations, we have done nothing dangerous but an IVA is required if you collect enough 'points' from modifications (fork swap, swingarm swap, modifications to the frame etc.). To get the bike through an IVA is a ballache I cannot be bothered to deal with, so for the time being I have switched to finishing it off as a track bike, with the aim of converting it to a road bike in the future (if I feel like it).

This will mean the bike will be ridable much sooner although there is still a lot to do, realistically, with my current workload and commitments, it will be next season before it is ready to do so.

so the plan is now:

finish the wiring loom - 90% complete now, it should be much easier without having to worry about speed sensors, lights etc.

fabricate brackets to hold the loom etc in place

fabricate a rear undertray

new tyres, chain and sprockets

new brake and clutch lines - I have these sorted from a friend as payment for some survey work I did for him.

source a quieter end can! - it may require lengthening of the pipework to an underseat exhaust layout ensure I pass noise tests...

source some fairings - this is the biggest change for me, if its going on track I want it faired to protect it from any damage if (when) I go down. I'm thinking about using 848/1098 track fairings and cutting them down / modifying them to suit the lines and fit properly. If anyone knows of a set of tatty old 848 track fairings going spare could they let me know please? Condition really isn't important as they will have to be cut up anyway, I don't need the seat unit, just the front fairing and the belly pan.

This should get me to the stage where I have a lightweight, fun track toy again, it won't be particularly powerful compared to litre bikes but it should be able to hold its own with most 600's etc.

It's not how I imagined the project going but if I carried on down the same route I would probably be in the same position next year too...

'15 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo comp 29er
'14 Claud Butler Torino SR4
'14 Whyte 629

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling can certainly take over, can't it.

I'm struggling to find the time to build a new, large scale, model rail layout, damned cycling, cycling maintenance, bike cleaning, commuting etc., etc., plus fitting in all the other stuff. Rolling Eyes

Attila

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it can and I'm definitely not complaining about that! I'm really enjoying cycling again and wouldn't give it up for anything at the moment Very Happy

I do enjoy trackdays on motorbikes too though, its a different sensation and dragging your knee through a 100mph corner is like nothing else Cool

'15 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo comp 29er
'14 Claud Butler Torino SR4
'14 Whyte 629
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: