Breathing
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GunBalina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides what has already been said, when I start to struggle I focus on exhaling instead of trying to inhale big breaths. As soon as you exhale 'strongly' you will inhale 'fast' and this way it is possible to keep a constant stream of air in and out of your lungs without starting to pant.
I then combine it with the breading with what the other members mentioned.

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Smurf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sage wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, I'm setting my goals at not to high a level, but very pleased when I do them, it's a good that once you know you can do something them you aim a little higher again, around a month a go I would have had to walk 3-4 time to get to the top.

The main trouble is in my head I'm still 17 but my body at 51 and only around 4 months of biking isn't satisfied with the small gains I keep thinking I should be doing better, but slowly slowly is the answer.

That's the same as me, I still wonder why I can't bike for 10 hours solid and then go and play football! It's when the older, wiser and more reasoned part of the brain needs to take charge.

A few years ago, after being a lazy sod for a number of years, I decided to get back into the activities I did when I was younger. Gym 4 times a week, martial arts 3 times a week, swimming etc and thought I could start them all at the same time. You can guess what happened. Rolling Eyes

If you have smaller goals, you can't be disappointed with the results!
sage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend I went to Nant Y Arian with the kids for a ride and there is one section with a short sharp rock climb just after the drunken druid and to be honest I thought you wouldn't be able to ride a bike up it, talking to a friend she said yes you can get up it as long as you don't spin the rear tyre, so it had to be tried and I really surprised my self straight up with very little problems, I was hyper that I had done it, when I turned round my 9 year old son was up to I was amazed, but he is a determined little bugger if he is in the right frame of mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Cardio Room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: