Brooks Saddles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Brooks Saddles Reply with quote

Has anyone got a Brooks saddle on their steed. I've one for each of my 4 bikes, the bike for work has the Champion Flyer, Hybrid has the B17 Standard, the Road bike has a B17 Standard Narrow (new) and the Mountain Bike has B17 Standard (new)

Some people don't like the Brooks, due to the fact, that they do take some breaking in or retro looking. But I find that once broken in, there are great to ride on.

Brooks saddles have made a great come-back in recent years and very popular with the Germans and Americans.

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Denny69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I like the look of the brooks saddles...but, and it's a big but, it's the amount looking after them that puts me off getting one, and as much as I like the look of them I think it would look out of place on me roadie or MTB. Very Happy
Agman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Black - B17 Narrow looks good on my road bike, makes it stand out a bit. I've been to work on it tonight and first time on the saddle, was'nt too bad, better with padded trousers. What do you think!.
Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but side with Denny here, Brooks are O.K. on road bikes but I think they look out of place on MTB's, also I do feel they have a bit of a "maintenance" factor Confused Confused
Agman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about the Brooks being ok on road bikes, guess there are aimed mainly for the cycle tourist which I am. Regarding the Brooks on a MTB, I don't think there are not that bad. My Brooks Flyer is now well broken in and has the big springs to take any shocks, still it's my a**e on it. On the maintenance side, it's just a case of rubbing in Proofide every 3 months, leave a short while and buffing off to a lovely shine. Surely not that hard to do. I would not go back to plastic saddles, which makes me a true Brooks fan. Smile
Denny69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point Agman and each to there own but I'd be bricking it in case I fell off me MTB with a brooks on!! Might think about one for the roadie mind you.
Agman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this Brooks saddle, but the price is a little on the high side Crying or Very sad Lookhere
Denny69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked
Agman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Get that wet after a heavy downpour of rain, I think I would be crying. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad
Agman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on the road bike with the new B17 narrow and hard rock it was too. So I've swopped it over with the B17 standard which seems to be much better to ride, wishing I had bit more fat around the old butt.
Denny69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got loads you can borrow on a long term basis Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Biking Gear All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: