Cove Hummer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
redhotjoeypepper



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 657
Location: Crook, Durham

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Cove Hummer Reply with quote

Built this up last year before I was a member of this forum but thought I'd upload it anyway. Id always wanted a Cove Hummer ever since I began riding and it lived up to my expectations. Worked out to be a lot lighter than I anticipated too.

Spec:
- Titanium frame; matt finish
- Fox F120 RL 15mm axle
- Avid XX 180mm brakes - now replaced with Shimano XT's
- Shimano XT groupset
- Mavic XM819 on Hope Pro II Evo's
- Raceface Deus bars and stem
- Thompson seat post
- Rocket Ron 2.25's

_________________
Cove Hummer 2011 - http://www.mtbe.co.uk/cove-hummer-t25517.html?highlight=cove%20hummer - stripped and frame for sale - fox 34s and cotic bfe on the cards
Giant Rapid 4 2013
Transition Bandit 2013 http://www.mtbe.co.uk/the-bandit-finished-ridden-photos-added-t38727-3 0.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
betty_swollox



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7962
Location: North East, Washington

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is luuuuush!!!!
_________________
Richie

Custom 2012 Transition TR450


.........and something else is on its way

Time to get as much out of life as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redhotjoeypepper



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 657
Location: Crook, Durham

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

betty_swollox wrote:
That is luuuuush!!!!


Cheers dude Very Happy

_________________
Cove Hummer 2011 - http://www.mtbe.co.uk/cove-hummer-t25517.html?highlight=cove%20hummer - stripped and frame for sale - fox 34s and cotic bfe on the cards
Giant Rapid 4 2013
Transition Bandit 2013 http://www.mtbe.co.uk/the-bandit-finished-ridden-photos-added-t38727-3 0.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rasmanisar



Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 6848
Location: Marple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-MAC323



Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 361
Location: Isle of Lewis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride man! You can't beat a bit of red for that finishing touch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getonyourberm



Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 6731

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sweet.

Are they 2012 XT brakes you've got (M785)? I've got a set on order with 203 and 180mm rotors. How are they?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redhotjoeypepper



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 657
Location: Crook, Durham

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getonyourberm wrote:
That's sweet.

Are they 2012 XT brakes you've got (M785)? I've got a set on order with 203 and 180mm rotors. How are they?


They're 2011 XT M775's so not the ones with the small levers and the cooling fins...either way though they're definitely the most powerful brakes I've had. I now have Formula RX's on my Cannondale and wishing I'd bought XT's for it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23049

_________________
Cove Hummer 2011 - http://www.mtbe.co.uk/cove-hummer-t25517.html?highlight=cove%20hummer - stripped and frame for sale - fox 34s and cotic bfe on the cards
Giant Rapid 4 2013
Transition Bandit 2013 http://www.mtbe.co.uk/the-bandit-finished-ridden-photos-added-t38727-3 0.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getonyourberm



Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 6731

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redhotjoeypepper wrote:
getonyourberm wrote:
That's sweet.

Are they 2012 XT brakes you've got (M785)? I've got a set on order with 203 and 180mm rotors. How are they?


They're 2011 XT M775's so not the ones with the small levers and the cooling fins...either way though they're definitely the most powerful brakes I've had. I now have Formula RX's on my Cannondale and wishing I'd bought XT's for it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23049
I'm looking forward to upgrading to the XTs from my RXs. I've got sick of having to maintain my brakes all the time. It should just be fit and forget rather than changing pads every few months and a bleed once a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redhotjoeypepper



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 657
Location: Crook, Durham

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getonyourberm wrote:
redhotjoeypepper wrote:
getonyourberm wrote:
That's sweet.

Are they 2012 XT brakes you've got (M785)? I've got a set on order with 203 and 180mm rotors. How are they?


They're 2011 XT M775's so not the ones with the small levers and the cooling fins...either way though they're definitely the most powerful brakes I've had. I now have Formula RX's on my Cannondale and wishing I'd bought XT's for it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23049
I'm looking forward to upgrading to the XTs from my RXs. I've got sick of having to maintain my brakes all the time. It should just be fit and forget rather than changing pads every few months and a bleed once a year.


I've had no problems with mine so far and they've been fitted three months however I have read a lot of reviews on CRC etc. where people have had nothing but problems. General consensus seems to be that they're reliable though...suppose there's always going to be mixed reviews with any product.

_________________
Cove Hummer 2011 - http://www.mtbe.co.uk/cove-hummer-t25517.html?highlight=cove%20hummer - stripped and frame for sale - fox 34s and cotic bfe on the cards
Giant Rapid 4 2013
Transition Bandit 2013 http://www.mtbe.co.uk/the-bandit-finished-ridden-photos-added-t38727-3 0.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oscer



Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 1601
Location: 15 mins from hamsterley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good joey
_________________
Fat Lad on a 5 ( with CHIP on shoulder )
O2 Single Speed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rockster



Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 748

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats real nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum