first real road ride.... just wow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave0w

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: first real road ride.... just wow Reply with quote

So today i went on my first real road ride and within 300m i was hit by a car pulling out of a junction.. now i know why you all wear gay helmets, and i will be going to buy one tomorrow.

Any way ones i was over that i cracked on with my 2hr ride and i have to say it was fantastic. bike was good strong and no problem at all.

VooDoo HooDOo (Laid to rest after years of service)

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about the bad start. Shocked

But as you've experienced already, road riding can be fantastic.

Just wait until you get more involved with the fitness side of it, getting into Strava Segments, drafting other riders, long, hard climbs, long, fast descents, and all the rest.

Wink

Jim Mc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I never used to ride with a helmet until this year and some familial encouragement. Someone said better looking like a knob than a knob with brain damage. I really dislike them though, I look like I've been let out on day-release when I'm wearing one. Prior to that I didn't really have any incidents but every time I go out now some tit is trying to kill me.

Two recent examples, road works with lights, green my side, as I'm passing the lights a highways agencies truck decides he's not waiting any longer and goes through the red on the opposite side leaving me nowhere to go and causing much expletives to be exchanged.

On the same ride someone tries to overtake me on a junction turning right, then immediately turns into the junction turning left while still parallel with me.

The bad thing is the more often it happens, the more aggressive I get over it. So I look like a knob head on two wheels shaking his fist and sticking his fingers up at traffic.
rez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been chuckling away at the opening sentence in your first post for about ten minutes Laughing it's not funny but it is!! Glad you're OK and definitely get a guy helmet. I hit the deck at 30mph last year head first. I'd have certainly been a goner without my big gay helmet.

2016 MERIDA REACTO 5000 Di2
2014 Forme CALVER CXS CYCLOCROSS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Road Bike Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: