Five Strip & Rebuild, ready for spring
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go then, a few pics from wednesday night when I got it back with its reverb fitted. Put the pods, levers, new grips and grip doctors on to see how it all looked. I personally think that the bars look a little cluttered now, so will maybe look into getting some Hope shifter mounts - I'll put the reverb control on the underside on the left then.
_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
PulledByAMalamute



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 4342
Location: Cannock Chase

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tasty, just ordered that stem and bar combo myself. Cool

Aye, the bars do look cluttered, get that shift window ta f*ck! Can you get like an i-spec/matchmaker type combo, free up some more of that gold.

_________________
Specialized Enduro Expert 29 (2014)

Previous bikes
- Canyon Torque EX Vertride (2014)
- Canyon Nerve AM 6 (2012)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mata



Joined: 10 Jun 2011
Posts: 484
Location: Isle of Lewis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was about to say the same about the windows Cool I find windows just don't look good these days (to me that is)

Other than that, the bike is shweet!

_________________
Rocky Mountain Slayer
On One 456 Summer Season
On One 456
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lawsuit52



Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Posts: 1528
Location: leeds w/yorks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely looking bike.the more I see of the Fives the more I want one,I see you have mounted the Reverb remote on top of the bars I have heard this can be damaged if you turn the bike upside down so some people mount the remote under the bars to avoid this just a tip I thought i would pass on but i am not speaking from experience as I dont own a Reverb but wish i did
_________________
Lapierre X-Control 110 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DanDax1990



Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 238

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good pal!

Like others said, get rid of the shifter windows and see if you can mount the levers and shifters together, look loads better.

E-Mail me regarding the cranks pal, easier than on here.

DanielDaxner@googlemail.com

P.S I'm only bothered about the BB and Crankarms, not too botherd about the chainrings. I just want to replace my current Race Face ISIS cranks to the lighter X-Type.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jgmu97



Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 2814
Location: Isle of Wight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks well nice, sick componants on there ,

Get them shifter windows off though, thats one of the reasons i upgraded my shifters, you simply dont need them, you never really look at them anyway Wink

_________________
Your Reverb has more travel than my forks

2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc - Highly Upgraded MTB
1980's Peugeot Carbolite 103 - Project Fixie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus wrote:
Which Bike shop you using bud? there is a plethora of them in ly-ses-ter

Ian at Julies is brilliant, so much experience. Paul at naked bikes is very helpful and really knows his onions, looking after the race team like he does. Then there is webos on the welford road or that one at syston. or then again the crappy Raleigh shop in thurmaston (if its still there) and i wont mention two Halrauds


Been using Leisure Lakes at Breeston - the bike came from there and I get a bit of discount with their VIP club.
Went in Julies last year and thought it looked quite 'bare' compared to how it used to be. So thats where websters is now! Haven't been in there since it was on london road!

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PulledByAMalamute wrote:
Tasty, just ordered that stem and bar combo myself. Cool

Aye, the bars do look cluttered, get that shift window ta f*ck! Can you get like an i-spec/matchmaker type combo, free up some more of that gold.


You won't be disapointed, really impressed with them Very Happy

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mata wrote:
Was about to say the same about the windows Cool I find windows just don't look good these days (to me that is)

Other than that, the bike is shweet!


Thanks Mate Very Happy

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawsuit52 wrote:
Lovely looking bike.the more I see of the Fives the more I want one,I see you have mounted the Reverb remote on top of the bars I have heard this can be damaged if you turn the bike upside down so some people mount the remote under the bars to avoid this just a tip I thought i would pass on but i am not speaking from experience as I dont own a Reverb but wish i did


Cheers mate, going to look into flipping it to the lh underside Cool

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanDax1990 wrote:
Looks good pal!

Like others said, get rid of the shifter windows and see if you can mount the levers and shifters together, look loads better.

E-Mail me regarding the cranks pal, easier than on here.

DanielDaxner@googlemail.com

P.S I'm only bothered about the BB and Crankarms, not too botherd about the chainrings. I just want to replace my current Race Face ISIS cranks to the lighter X-Type.


Cheers Dan! message sent mate Very Happy

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgmu97 wrote:
Looks well nice, sick componants on there ,

Get them shifter windows off though, thats one of the reasons i upgraded my shifters, you simply dont need them, you never really look at them anyway Wink


Thanks mate! All being well I'm going to strip the fork tomorrow and change the seals and oil, then have a mess about with the bars after that and take the windows off!

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim411



Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 177
Location: Ely, Cambs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What rise renthal bar are you using ?
And what length reverb did you go for I'm looking at a 420 with 125 drop.

_________________
MERIDA Team 0.nine carbon HT (for sale)
MERIDA Race Lite. Road Bike (for sale)
Orange 5. 27.5 custom build
Giant advanced defy 3 Road bike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Twitter
GbGaz



Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim411 wrote:
What rise renthal bar are you using ?
And what length reverb did you go for I'm looking at a 420 with 125 drop.


It's a 20mm rise on my bars. My reverb is the same 420 & 125!

_________________
My Five rebuild thread, with Fox Fork rebuild - come take a look!!
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/five-strip-rebuild-ready-for-spring-t43380.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim411



Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 177
Location: Ely, Cambs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GbGaz wrote:
tim411 wrote:
What rise renthal bar are you using ?
And what length reverb did you go for I'm looking at a 420 with 125 drop.


It's a 20mm rise on my bars. My reverb is the same 420 & 125!

Brilliant cheers for the info there the same rise as I've just ordered

_________________
MERIDA Team 0.nine carbon HT (for sale)
MERIDA Race Lite. Road Bike (for sale)
Orange 5. 27.5 custom build
Giant advanced defy 3 Road bike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Twitter
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum