Fork air pressure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obiwanclarknobi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Fork air pressure Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a voodoo bizango which I bought about 9 months ago and it's the first bike I've had that has a fork. The front fork was set up by Halfords and has always been too stiff (it has never gone beyond half of it's 120mm travel and that includes one go around the Kitchener red route at Sherwood pines) but I have only just got around to trying to set it up properly myself. I weigh 74kg and the fork was set to 120psi (if the gauge on the shock pump is accurate). I have followed the instructions that came with the shock with regards to setting the correct sag and there is a vast difference. It now feels very soft and is at 55psi. As I have no experience of a properly set up fork I thought it best to ask you knowledgeable people if 55psi sounds too low?

Cheers

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Robmet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different forks require different settings because of internal air volumes etc. Its best to go by sag settings, aim for about 20% of the travel in sag when sat on the bike in all your riding kit. Adjust the pressure until you can get this setting, its useful to put a small ziptie around one of the legs to make it easier to measure and be careful when getting off so you dont knock it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: