Let see your single speeders!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motozulu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never boring being a Peaky Blinder Wink

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Aston5901

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine

Frame:- On One Inbred
Wheels:- Mavic XM317 on Hope Pro Evo 2's rear being SS/trails version
Tyres:- Fat Albert
Brakes:- Shimano XT 160mm/160mm
Cranks:- White Industries Eno
Front ring:- White Industries Eno 32t
Pedals:- Shimano XT
Tensioner:- On One Doofer
Rear Cog:- Chris King 16t
Forks:- On One Carbon Fibre
Bars:- Raceface Respond 710mm
Stem:- Raceface Evolve 60mm
Grips:- ODI Yeti (not pictured)
Saddle:- Charge Spoon
Seatpost:- Ragley Spike

motozulu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a stunner amongst a lot of very nice S/S bikes, that's the bike that made me want to have a go at S/Speeding. I never want a go on it though mate as it'll only make mine feel shoite. Very Happy
Aston5901

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Nah, it won't.. It's now become my main bike!

Even whe the 456 was fully built, I'd reach for this one first!

Nant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very smart moto and aston that looks mint! Yours are all very uniform, mine is a big mismatch of random parts! Including a bodge job on the headset, using a brass washer, works fine though. Laughing

the cage on the chain tensioner fell off on the way to work today, cage bit was catching, not sure why. screwed it back on for now, have i fitted it wrong, or used the wrong chain?

Got some new brakes fitted. Wider handlebars on the way and a shorter stem. Shall get a new pic later.

Off to the black mountains on 20th , I might be brave and assault it on the s/s!

motozulu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the chain line not quite spot on Nant? mine rubbed at first but just adjusted the doofer and it was fine - but if the chain line is out the doofer will rub no matter what.

Very lucky with mine - everything just sort of matched - got a Funn stem and bars seperately, used but in as new nick, for £25 the pair and they look really good I think. Certainly feel nice to ride.

Only 'new' parts on my S/S are the brakes, forks chain and head doctor, so all in all it turned out much smarter than expected - or even intended really!
Nant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could be the chain line not quite spot on Nant? mine rubbed at first but just adjusted the doofer and it was fine - but if the chain line is out the doofer will rub no matter what.

Bit of fine tweaking solved the issue. i've been running a 36 tooth on the front and a 18 on the back and have been up some killer hills. Yet to really go up any rough hills.

Off to brecon beacons end of this week. Would it be worthwhile to put the smaller ring on? Will i struggle, or will i be a machine!! Twisted Evil . Maybe ill put the smaller ring in the bag, and do a mid hill chain ring change along with a chain tool if its a bit heavy going.

Hendo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this one out ready for tomorrow, bought it for training, put a 42t front and 18t rear on with some schwalbe land cruisers. Not too comfy but it's very quick. Making strange creaking noises and seems a bit flexy. Oh dear.
motozulu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beaut but....42 front?...really?... remind me to never try and keep up with you! Shocked

Respec', innit Cool
Usernamesaremostlylame

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

42t up front?.... You must have thighs, the size of big thighs!
motozulu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nant wrote:
Quote:

Bit of fine tweaking solved the issue. i've been running a 36 tooth on the front and a 18 on the back and have been up some killer hills. Yet to really go up any rough hills.

Off to brecon beacons end of this week. Would it be worthwhile to put the smaller ring on? Will i struggle, or will i be a machine!! Twisted Evil . Maybe ill put the smaller ring in the bag, and do a mid hill chain ring change along with a chain tool if its a bit heavy going.

Not a bad idea that, to carry a spare ring. Dead easy to change don't need to remove the cranks on mine.
Hendo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be why the frame is making mad noises, was alright last week. Think I'll go to Llandegla or somewhere instead tomorrow, didn't fancy another drive though!
sm1thson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres mine, is my commuting machine, its a 90's Rayleigh I picked up for nothing years back, then most things have been changed on it for one reason or another, again with just old bits laying around, like steel flat handle bars from my wifes old bike. Its my commuter bike.

I had stripped it raw and covered it in Krust and waxoyl, but still once the salt was on the road it needed regular reapplication (winter before it was Krust and lacquer. but the salt got under that).

So I sprayed it black at christmas time (after hacking off unused bits like rack mounts and bottle mounts).

I want to go fixed gear, if I get hold of a disc compatible hub I'll bolt the cog on in place of the disc Smile
Hendo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on yet another last night, I'll take an outdoor picture when I get round to riding it. Not sure if the 32-16 will be ok, may get a 14 just incase. Also swapping the jockey wheel tensioner for a sturdy roller type one.
motozulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both very nice looking bikes Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: