Mind Over Matter.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Mind Over Matter. Reply with quote

It's damned annoying when nothing ever goes wrong for several years. You just know that by the law of averages sixteen things will likely happen, one after the other, on the very next ride!

That was the dark mood as I ground up the bottom 1 in 4 section of Limber Hill, but wobbled too close to the gravelly edge, and tipped myself and bike over onto the grass.

I hate that blasted hill. It's stuck itself there as a challenge, and you just have to show it who's the boss! So I jumped back on and pounded harder, putting myself out of breath, and into the red.

That was the odd part though. My heart rate hadn't reached its usual level for that amount of effort, which was why I was out of breath. Well, with 'mind over matter' in mind, so to speak, (not to mention feeling a bit concerned) I made a proper hard effort up Grosmont hill (the road on and up to join the main Fylingdales/Whitby road, including the very steep section) with the normal higher heartrate, and no shortage of breath.

All of which proves nothing except,I've stopped worrying about never getting punctures for several years, and finally bought a CO2 inflator and spare cartridges just in case. (Which likely means it will never now happen, and I still won't have any idea if those gadgets really do work!!

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've managed to have at least something go wrong regularly at some point over the last several years so I should ruddy well be okay. Laughing Laughing

May well be coming down Limber Hill tomorrow if all goes to plan which is the correct way to do it, steam gala at NYMR tomorrow with beer festival too. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Road Bike Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: