My new Boardman Team 650b HT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ga-rat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: My new Boardman Team 650b HT Reply with quote

I thought I should start a post after getting my new bike. An early 40th Birthday present. Shocked Shhhh!!!

After many weeks looking and researching various bikes I took the plunge, I have got a Boardman Team 650b HT and I must say I am well chuffed. Throughout my bike hunting I found there are very few bikes that come with this level of components at this price.

I looked and tried a few others along the way, I almost went with the Boardman Team Full-Suspension, I just wasn't 100% sure I would be completely happy, it was very nice though, maybe next year. Rolling Eyes

I also tried a lovely looking Saracen Mantra Trail, it was well specced but just a little on the heavy side. Crying or Very sad

Anyway..... I took the Boardman out yesterday on my local red and blue trails and I know I have made the right decision, I also set 7 to 8 PB's on strava so something was working well, it flies, climbing was so much easier compared to my old Scott. Wink

It handles really well, I only got caught out a couple of times and that was due to the tyres being a little hard for my liking, nearly lost the front end a few times on the smaller berms, I did check the bike over once collected from Halfords I just forget to check the tyre pressure... Embarassed It's all part of the fun.

I've not done or added anything, yet, I have taken a few things off though much to my wife's shock. Only non essentials items like reflectors and a bell.

I think this.... no, this IS the start of a beautiful relationship. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My Boardman Team HT 650b

My Scott Aspect - Upgrades & Bling(now sold)

FlickYourEndOut - YouTube

Ga-rat

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Brel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice steed, looks great
bell and reflectors are fitted to comply with the law over bike sales, but once you get your mits on the bike, there is nothing to stop you removing them and if your not going ridding on the road, then they are excess baggage.
ga-rat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brel wrote:
Nice steed, looks great
bell and reflectors are fitted to comply with the law over bike sales, but once you get your mits on the bike, there is nothing to stop you removing them and if your not going ridding on the road, then they are excess baggage.

Cheers, I am very pleased.

I knew the reflectors/bell had to be fitted to new bikes but my wife just couldn't understand my mentality as I was removing them. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad When she questioned me "Why?", I just said because everyone does....don't they?

My Boardman Team HT 650b

My Scott Aspect - Upgrades & Bling(now sold)

FlickYourEndOut - YouTube

Ga-rat
Gunner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Wink
James Q

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice....wont belong till the upgrades start! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: