North West England Airbag (Lancashire/Cumbria)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
womble123

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: North West England Airbag (Lancashire/Cumbria) Reply with quote

Hello all,

I myself am a motocross rider but have a few friends who are very into BMX and Down Hill Mountain Biking. I mentioned the idea to my local KTM dealer who was thrilled with the idea and there was lots of interest from people who visit the shop.

Im currently in a situation where I have a very large area of land which is rather remote but with good access to the M6 motorway near Lancaster/Kendal (just over 1 hour from Manchester/Liverpool) and capital after selling my old business.

We are looking into purchasing a large Airbag (not foam pit due to hot engines and difficulty of getting a heavy motocross bike out). Two manufactures have come up:

http://bigairbag.com
https://bagjump.com

Both are similar in cost and around 15m x 15m using two blowers to keep it inflated. Of course, metal ramps would have to be fabricated also.

I was just wondering if this would be of interest to mountain bike riders to practice complex tricks before moving onto hard surfaces? We had the idea of starting with just the airbag and down the line to add a downhill airbag with less cushioning to simulate landing onto a harder surface.

The area in question is well away from any houses and in a Valley. I understand there would be insurance/planning implications but we believe these could be overcome.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: