Park Tools Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Park Tools Website Reply with quote

We all know how much some LBS charge for a simple repair job, maybe you would like try and save some money by doing your own repairs.

I'm going to replace my Shimano Cassette and Chain with the help of Denny Wink Then once I get to know how to do it, then I will replace the parts yearly.
How a look on the Park Tool Web Site for handy hints and tips. http://www.parktool.com/repair/byregion.asp

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
johnc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an excellent site Agman, never use the LBS, as ive always done my own repairs/servicing, im now having ago at building my first wheel.
matt.will

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got their big blue book of bicycle repair as a pressie a while back and it sees quite a bit of use (and is happier in the garage than the laptop). I've also got another book (forget what it's called - something imaginative like Mountain Bike Repair) which has the advantage of telling you such tips as twatting the fork crown race with a plastic tube and mallet instead of Park pointing you in the direction of their (invariaby expensive) tool specifically designed for the job. They make a good combination.
Denny69

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Haynes bike repair manual 5th edition....it's got the advantage of having manufacturer specific instructions for certain components eg drivetrain, gears that sort of thing not a bad buy. Very Happy
Agman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the Hayes Bike repair manual, one is the 1st edition and 4th edition. The 1st one is good for early mountain bikes.
Denny69

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the 5th deals with a the BIG aftermarket manufacturers...Shimano, Campagnolo, SRAM as well as having all the info from the 4th edition...it deals with chainsets and shifters from the big 3.
Agman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably will have to update Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: