L'etape du dales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny69

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: L'etape du dales Reply with quote

Have just worked on this event (Sunday 18th) and the amount of exotic machinery on display was unbelievable. I'm sure there was a couple of famous faces in there somewhere but couldn't really say for sure!! Anyway if anyone should fancy doing it here's a link to the route:-

www.etapedudales.co.uk/etaperoutesimp.htm

Can see this appealing to Agman and Gunner!! Look at checkpoint 7.....just a mere mention strikes fear into some of the most hardened of riders!!

After the event I drove round part of the route and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice link Denny.

I think I'd really like to give that route (not the event Embarassed ) a go some time this year. Like you say, the scenery in that area is spectacular and I haven't been out there in what seems like such a long time Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

HarryB

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it happens I'll be going up Tan Hill on Saturday as part of the Richmond Five-dale cyclosportive. Should be fun. If that's the right word
Denny69

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....I was a busy little bee last night and I mapped this route onto memory map...you should see the profile!!!!! Shocked Shocked . You've got Fleet moss at the start which isn't bad going in the right direction then Tan Hill further round then the Butter tubs and the climb up to that is nothing short of a killer!!!

Anyway if anyone should feel the need to procure these files click on my neroadriders link below and look in the routes forum for L'Etape du dales....the route is a file at the bottom...just click and it should auto download. If not drop me a line and I'll e-mail to you Wink
Gunner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HarryB wrote:
As it happens I'll be going up Tan Hill on Saturday as part of the Richmond Five-dale cyclosportive. Should be fun. If that's the right word

Let us know how you get on Harry ........ Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Road Bike Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: