Exercise bike workouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
^opm^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Exercise bike workouts Reply with quote

Other week got myself an exercise bike for winter, nought special but has a computer on it for time and coupled with a HRM of ebay for a tenner I reckon I can do some good workouts on it when weather is crap over winter.

Just done one this morning which was this-

5 mins warm up
5 mins keeping HR about 85% ( fast spinning )
5 mins easy
5 mins keeping HR about 85% ( on hardest setting, so lowish cadence as if grinding uphill)
5 mins easy
5 mins keeping HR about 85% ( medium intensity )
5 mins easy cool down

After that i could feel the burn on my thighs nicely and best of all once of bike into shower and done, no muddy clothes, no bike to clean.

2 other things you need are a drink bottle fastened to bike, towel nearby, a fan blasting in face and loud rock music blasting out nearby Very Happy

Anyone else got some good workouts for exercise bikes?

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Rosebud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were a 'Hardcore' MTB chap, now i find out that you like pedaling inside Crying or Very sad

I think Aston was right, you strapping your GPS to some little tyke and sending them round the course to collect your Strava KOMs.

I can't belive this has all been a lie!
^opm^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nothing if not a fair weather cyclist Wink

Hence why I am staying indoors today in the dry and warm Razz
Stevie Trail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Exercise bike workouts Reply with quote

^opm^ wrote:
Other week got myself an exercise bike for winter, nought special but has a computer on it for time and coupled with a HRM of ebay for a tenner I reckon I can do some good workouts on it when weather is crap over winter.

Just done one this morning which was this-

5 mins warm up
5 mins keeping HR about 85% ( fast spinning )
5 mins easy
5 mins keeping HR about 85% ( on hardest setting, so lowish cadence as if grinding uphill)
5 mins easy
5 mins keeping HR about 85% ( medium intensity )
5 mins easy cool down

After that i could feel the burn on my thighs nicely and best of all once of bike into shower and done, no muddy clothes, no bike to clean.

2 other things you need are a drink bottle fastened to bike, towel nearby, a fan blasting in face and loud rock music blasting out nearby Very Happy

Anyone else got some good workouts for exercise bikes?

I bought one from Argos cost me 150 quid its by York Fitness company, good bike it is too, went on it this morning to help kick my hangover Very Happy

Is it important to keep to a set HR figure, as I just went on for 25mins started on level 6 then 8 and finished on level 10 for last 2 mins?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Cardio Room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: