Fatigued! newby (ish)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Fatigued! newby (ish) Reply with quote

As a relatively new MTB rider (6 months in) I am finding myself very tired after my rides (sleepy) and taking in about 10 hours sleep a day. I am riding average rides of approx 20-30 miles at a time and some longer ones up to 50 miles, nearly all off road, bridle ways and country paths / tow paths etc, and all on my Hard Tail.

Burning on average about 1700-2000 cals per ride (48 yr old male) and looking for some eating recommendations to refuel my body, I do not currently use any shakes or specific nutrient / energy bars or drinks and only consume small amounts of water when riding (don't like to stop). I don't really have time to spend hours preparing meals though.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
GrantBH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not massively cued up on the eating recomdations for cycling .. However I have been into my gym work/nutrition for over a year now and I dont see why it would be any different ..

First off, I would say that doing those sorts of rides with no "snacks" ie some form of energy boosting bar, an oat bar concoction or even a snickers or two, would be your first issue ..

Doing that sort of length of cardio will require quite alot of pre carb loading (again in my opinion from what i have learnt from gym training) what is your diet like in and around rides of this size?

I know personally i would be eating like a horse .. 1-2 chicken breast, plenty of wholemeal rice/pasta, veg .. Plus then plenty of fluids and oat bars (my wife and i make our own, oats, raisens, nuts, coconut flakes, seeds, honey with some brown sugar added in) for instant energy release. Then probably a similar meal afterwards!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Cardio Room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: