also bought my first carbon !!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stelfc2005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: also bought my first carbon !!!! Reply with quote

After reading steve's posts recently about titanium bikes i had made my mind up about my next bike being a ti frame , however on a recent trip to the lakes i had a look in KMB bikes in keswick as they had a Sabbath bike on display . I must admit i was impressed but the frame and groupset was bottom of the range , i priced up a frame and spec that i was happy with and the price was aroundt £2900 Shocked

Whilst acting like i wasn't in shock i came across a Trek Madone 3.5 , ultegra groupset with bontrager finishing kit. The bike looked brand new but was told by the guy it had been p/ex by a mountain biker who never took to it and had only rode 500 miles on it

Anyway i paid £899 for it and as the next bike was suppose to be for my 40th next year i have booked up a holiday in portugal for not much more than i was looking to pay Laughing

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good buy. Wink Wink

I was in Keswick the other day and looking for bike shops, only found one dissappointing shop, and not the one you mentioned.

naffa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking bike mate. Any ride reports yet?
stelfc2005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , pleased with the price , £1800 new last september

KMB bikes is on the way into Keswick town from the A66, it's opposite the small field that cotswold use to display the tents and right next door to Skidaw Cafe . Its a busy shop over two floors and has loads of goodies !!

i can only compare it to my giant defy 2 which is a great bike , but its way different , it seems to get up to speed quickly and it easier to maintain that speed, and i was quite impressed with the comfort , the defy rattles over the bumps but the carbon frame soaks it all up Very Happy
Gunner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelfc2005 wrote:

KMB bikes is on the way into Keswick town from the A66, it's opposite the small field that cotswold use to display the tents and right next door to Skidaw Cafe . Its a busy shop over two floors and has loads of goodies !!

Was right next to it then, but didn't see it. Bugger. Twisted Evil

Steve Kish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, if I were to have another carbon frame, it would prolly be a Trek, as they have lifetime warranty on their frames - with my track record of killing carbon, I'd need this! :shockll

Looks very pretty. Cool

stelfc2005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naffa wrote:
Nice looking bike mate. Any ride reports yet?

thanks , just a brief ride today but all seems good , the ultegra groupset is a step above , the wheelset is bontrager approved alloy but they are still stiffer and lighter than the mavics on the defy. Hopefully after i get back to the gym and get some miles in i will see a difference in my av speed Smile
stelfc2005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Kish wrote:

Looks very pretty. Cool

thanks steve , to be fair so did the sabbath and i would still love a Ti frame but maybe wait till my retirement Wink

With the Treks spec and condition it was a no brainer, after a quick clean up of the chain and sprokets it is a as new bike, the shop even fitted a shorter RXL stem for me which was a level up from standard ,just need to start using it now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides (Road) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: