Anyone Got GoPro Hero?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPX309

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone Got GoPro Hero? Reply with quote

I've been oooing and arrring about getting one for quite some time now. I don't want to spend loads on one as I don't think I'll use it all that often.
But I would like to see it to reply what sort of riding I've been doing.

I think 720 at 60fps is probably the best setting to use on this edition? I'd I've seen some footage on YT and some videos look good and others not so good. This could be down to encoding or rendering or all sorts? I'm not sure.

Does anyone have one here and what do you think about it?

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
duncan111180

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopro is a great little cam but if youre not 100% sure if you would get a great deal of use from it start with a clone I picked up a SJ4000 cam uses same mounts as gopro and has built in wifi so you can use youre smartphone as a remote or access footage straight away cost my less than £50 after using it for a little over a month now for tough mudder events MTB ing and motorcycle I am now certain I want a gopro will still keep my clone for secondary angles but still good quality HTH

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-WIFI-12MP-Waterproof-SJ4000-HD-Helmet- Sport-Action-Video-Camera-Cam-DV-/201257832788?hash=item2edbe6d154

I even managed to pick up 2 spare batteries and a charger for under £8
KJP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have the £100 version of the gopro (not sure if thats the particular model you mean, sorry) and I must say, its a quality bit of kit.
I originally started with the slightly cheaper vivitar bit of kit, it was about £60... and tbh it was no good... So i got one of these and havent looked back.
Quality is great especially for the price.
My video link is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQB9im_sE0
Make sure the quality in the bottom right of the screen is on full HD, the quality is good, but on youtube it never comes out as good as it looks on your own PC.
The fitting (I use a chestie) are much better on a Gopro as opposed to its competitors, with much more to choose from and better quality...
The only small downside Ive found is not being able to use a different battery (i.e on a really long trip if you use more than one battery) but to be fair, this has never been a problem for me as one day at rail centers it seems to be more than adequate...
All in all, I couldn't recommend it more Smile

Swinley Forest
Thetford Forest
Sherwood Pines
Coed Y Brenin
Whinlatter
Glentress
MPX309

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the response guys. Some other stuff there to consider
KTM540

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting an SJ4000 when I get round to it Very Happy

It occurred to me not long back when my daughter mentioned it, that I must be the only person on earth that mountain bikes, rides a mental supermoto, kayak's, and until recently did a LOT of traditional rock climbing, that has never filmed themselves doing any of it Laughing

MPX309

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yes you're far more worthy of one than I am. I probably ride about once a fortnight.

What's urking me is. . . will it be a novelty buy for me? use it 3 times then never use it again?

Will I regret not getting the more expensive model? Alot of tips for using one they recommend 1440p due to the extended vertical resolution. . .

Anyway, maybe I'll get one for Christmas Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> At The Movies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: