My Cube 'lectric'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noodles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: My Cube 'lectric' Reply with quote

Thought I would let folks see the Cube Electric that I have had a few weeks now ... its been great, rides well (ok not doing the stuff I have done in the past but enjoying the XC stuff that this deos well)
Had a great day on Malvern Hills but not having been up on British Camp for a while I was a bit shocked to see a fair few new 'No Cycles' signs Sad
Not surprised though when I also saw loads and loads of cheeky trails being carved out in areas that may not be suited or nailed on to get the 'antis' riled.
Anyway ... loving the 'leccy' Very Happy

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was behind a guy on one of these a few weeks ago, on the road, on my road bike, and he was going some lick. I hadn't realised it was an electric bike at first and was amazed, sitting looking at his thick rear tyre where he was getting the energy from to power along like he was, realised when I got the energy to overtake what he was riding.

Must be a lot of fun for you.

noodles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very enjoyable Gunner but even though I know that without the 'boost' I would be struggling after my op I still feel a little disappointed that I am not truly under my own steam 100%
I try and leave it switched off as much as I can but ironically the extra weight of the bike really starts to show then Laughing but I reckon I am switched on 30% of the time. Its amazing though to see steep techy trails wind upwards that normally woud have had me pushing anyway ... now I just power upwards Very Happy but you still have to pedal fairly hard ... its great fun to be honest ... just need to see if I want to splash out on a decent full suss or just stick with this?

Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noodles wrote:
. ... its great fun to be honest ... ..

That's what's important, nothing else. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robmet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunner wrote:
noodles wrote:

I think these things are one of the biggest leaps in bicycle tech for a long time.

Really glad your enjoying it and can get out in the hills, who cares if its not 100% your own effort, you still have to pedal it.
noodles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robmet wrote:
Gunner wrote:
noodles wrote:

I think these things are one of the biggest leaps in bicycle tech for a long time.

Really glad your enjoying it and can get out in the hills, who cares if its not 100% your own effort, you still have to pedal it.

Tis true Rob ... and pretty hard if you leave it off or have it on 'eco' mode. Can't help but laugh like a loon though when powering up some real steep stuff Very Happy

They are a revalation as you say ... the battery will get smaller I reckon and Cube will be looking at getting them to look like part of the frame soon ... biggest thing is they are getting the price down a fair bit but still need to get the FS range down a squidge before I bite Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: