Tips on riding during recovery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Tips on riding during recovery Reply with quote

Looking for some advice on riding to help aid recovery

Been suffering from sciatica since late May this year but I had actually partially herniated a disc, so I finally felt good enough to get out on my bike today, pumped up the tyres check the brakes and had a lil ride of about 1.5miles.
No major aches or pains apart from getting out the saddle a little late dropping down a kerb. Also put in another ride of 3.5miles this evening, god I've missed riding.
Is it just a case of build up slowly again? Distance/ terrain as I've only done roads today.
Any advice from you guys as I know there's been a few threads on sciatica on here

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Kajjal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with your doctor first, it depends on the nature of the complaint and the recovery you have made. Some disc injuries mean not riding a bike.
mr.b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advice from the dr is to do what I like to keep moving, keep working (I'm a scaffolder) I've had 4months off the bike as it did aggravate it slightly but now I don't need the high pain pills to move I tried it and all seems fine.
Advise from the NHS on back pain or slipped discs is 2days bed rest then go about your daily routine as normal Shocked unless its extreme circumstances where an op is needed very soon
I was sent away with the strongest cocodamol, muscle relaxants and a anti depressant that's good at numbing nerve pain told to get back to work asap
Kinda shows how rushed gps are these days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Cardio Room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: