Nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Hi All.

Great days riding at Nant Yr Arian today finished with a coffee and piece of flapjack, off to the car to load up and some w*anker has taken the front wheel clamp of my Thule 591 rack, really do hope karma works, nice end to the day.

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Some people . Mad

Attila

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bastards Evil or Very Mad

'15 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo comp 29er
'14 Claud Butler Torino SR4
'14 Whyte 629
Magnus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Evil or Very Mad

CPA.com = Car Park Accessories on line.

Lotus one plus one Columbus tubing 3 x butted
Campag chorus group including wheels

Marin Rocky Ridge 2001

Marin 2013 Indian Fire Trail 29er (best Marin ever)
Threevok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H All.

Just ordered a new one and end cap and the lady on the phone said " we sell awful lot of those" yes I bet you do, but when the bits come they want be coming off as easy next time.

sage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Bit of an update, around an hour after ordering the bits Thule got in touch and as a gesture of good will they would send me all the bit FOC, so cancelled the original order and the stuff ( lady was very understanding ) the stuff from Thule was here with in 2 days, all back together with a little added security Very Happy

KTM540

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sage wrote:
Hi All

Bit of an update, around an hour after ordering the bits Thule got in touch and as a gesture of good will they would send me all the bit FOC, so cancelled the original order and the stuff ( lady was very understanding ) the stuff from Thule was here with in 2 days, all back together with a little added security Very Happy

How'dya manage that Andrew ya jammy git ?? Surprised

Did you complain to Thule saying bits were too easily knicked ? (well done mate Wink )

sage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy.

I messaged them through FB & their web site asking if the end caps are fixed into the rack as my wheel clamp had been stolen, the FB reply was no there not fixed so can be easily removed, I was going to message them back and say well that's a p**s poor design, then Thule web site replied saying that the end caps are fixed into the rack and aren't easily removed Rolling Eyes but if someone is determined enough they would find away of getting them out, but would send me a replacement free of charge, I tried the end cap at the rear of my rack and you can very easily pull it out with your fingers, so when the new bit came I araldited them in and put some securing screws in, just hope nothing goes wrong with the wheel clamps now as it will be a bugger to get the end caps out Shocked Very Happy
Can't seem to get my photobucket to work but this is what I have done to secure them. https://goingdownhillfastsite.wordpress.com/2016/12/05/poor-end-to-a-f antastic-day/

KTM540

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sage wrote:
Hi Andy.

I messaged them through FB & their web site asking if the end caps are fixed into the rack as my wheel clamp had been stolen, the FB reply was no there not fixed so can be easily removed, I was going to message them back and say well that's a p**s poor design, then Thule web site replied saying that the end caps are fixed into the rack and aren't easily removed Rolling Eyes but if someone is determined enough they would find away of getting them out, but would send me a replacement free of charge, I tried the end cap at the rear of my rack and you can very easily pull it out with your fingers, so when the new bit came I araldited them in and put some securing screws in, just hope nothing goes wrong with the wheel clamps now as it will be a bugger to get the end caps out Shocked Very Happy
Can't seem to get my photobucket to work but this is what I have done to secure them. https://goingdownhillfastsite.wordpress.com/2016/12/05/poor-end-to-a-f antastic-day/

Ah right, well done chap Wink

I checked out your lads progress in your sig link, little star in the making there Cool you must be proud as f#ck Cool

sage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM540 wrote:
sage wrote:
Hi Andy.

Ah right, well done chap Wink

I checked out your lads progress in your sig link, little star in the making there Cool you must be proud as f#ck Cool

Very much so, he took a mate of mine down the Reaper at Nant last weekend, my mate does a lot of enduro racing and thought he would be fine with a 12 year old he was wrong Dan told him there was a big drop coming up, Dan rode off it and Lee smacked his plumbs into the saddle Shocked he looked rather uncomfortable for quite a while Laughing

KTM540

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ... that'll teach him not to underestimate the youth of today Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: