Your ride today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 492, 493, 494
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jase

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 67km not miles Gunner. No way I had a fondo in me today in those conditions!

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jase wrote:
It was 67km not miles Gunner. No way I had a fondo in me today in those conditions!

You ruddy metric guys..................... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My mistake. Embarassed

Long commute home today on the Boardman CX bike. Ruddy Baltice ride into work this morning at 0430hrs, and equally as cold when I rode home at 1000hrs

Up and out of town via Ormesby Bank then along the dual carriageway to Pinchinthorpe where I turned to make my way to Great Ayton. Pressed on through Easby, Ingleby Greenhow and down to Stokesley, passing Westbrooks Cycles and some lovely bikes in the windows. Very Happy

On to Rudby then turned to make my way home via a very icy back lane to Seamer, quite hairy at a few points.

A nice 30, very chilly miles in the bag. Very Happy

https://www.strava.com/activities/841533051

Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm a "pensioner", I've been banging out some excellent rides. Some longish, some short, some slow... Embarassed and some quite quick... Wink with the rest of the time being taken up with building up a new, large model rail layout.

Today I decided to head out and do a route a local cycling club had an "Event" over on Sunday just gone. Couldn't make that, did I say it was only a £1, that's one English quid entry, so thought I'd have a stab at it on my own today.

Set out for the start which was at a local pub, handy. Very Happy

Weather was ruddy cool I can tell you, and I was glad of the Gabba long sleeve top I had on as rain looked a definite possibility. I was on the Scott CR1 Team for a change with 25mm tyres.

Set off from the start and soon warmed up as I made my way through Maltby and Leven Bank then pressed on at a good pace all the way to Scorton.

Turned left here on exiting the village into a bitterly cold wind which made things quite hard going, traffic was very light, and fortunately remained so right through the ride.

Finally into Northallerton then a stiff climb up to Bullamoor, which probably isn't that stiff, but my legs were quite tired from a lot of recent rides plus that ruddy wind. Nice run down toward Brompton, then some slight wind assistance as I crossed to Rountons and onto Rudby, the wind after Trenholme Bar becoming really ruddy annoying.

Through Rudby, then a proper grind for the last few miles, had I mentioned that it had started raining about 12 miles previously, as I made my way to the course finish just before Stokesley.

2 hours 52 min for the 50 mile route of the course which I felt wasn't too bad given the conditions.

Made for home passing through Stokesley then back to the start for a total ride time of 3hrs 14min for 56.4 mile.

https://www.strava.com/activities/910035811/segments/22194167050

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Road Bike Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 492, 493, 494
Page 494 of 494

Jump to: