A Newbie to Fat bikes...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treehugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choice Cool

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
darryllod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an email today and the fatty trail has been discontinued Crying or Very sad only the blue left and I really don't like that colour scheme. Plus I got a load of orange being here the other colour would go well with.
Treehugger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey! unlucky mate - I thought I'd be seeing hundreds of the buggers this summer - obviously not. They must have another version coming out?

As for the blue, yeah, I prefer the grey/orange but...for such a brilliant bike and frame - get one anyway as you can always have a respray at some point in the future. That's what I'll do when this gets tatty.
Robmet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of terrain do you ride it on?

I've seen the odd one out and about and although i've not ridden one i'm still not convinced (that's not saying I'm not interested in a test ride).

They sound like they have massive drag, the way the rumble and buzz gives the impression its hard work to pedal?

They weigh a tonne, I know lighter ones are coming but the majority are really heavy.

They look dreadful in the mud, when it gets sticky the tyres just clog up and turn the entire thing into a 40stone chocolate doughnut monster.
Treehugger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob you couldn't be more wrong, that's not having a go by the way - I thought exactly the same before I got this one.
I can only speak for mine, but it's called a fatty 'trail' for a reason - designed to ride any trails - and does it.
Despite being 14.5 kg, it doesn't ride like it - on loose climbs, the traction negates the extra weight and I am actually working less hard on the same climbs that I struggled on a Bird Zero on!

So, yesterday we rode the full Donkey (dog + monkey) at Cannock.

It flew it, climbs as well as it descends and get this - I find it easier to get 'air' on this bike, than I did my Rose Granite Chief full suss. It is also a brilliant XC bike - so comfy I can see me doing many, many miles on this over the summer.
As for mud - like any bike, depends on the tyres. With Jumbo Jims on it was awful - now it has Surly Nates which shed mud really well, it's 'mud? what mud?'

Ride one - you'll see I'm not making this shizzle up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: