Who?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard A Thackeray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Who? Reply with quote

Three weeks ago now, I took my wife & daughter to Yeadon Airport, & on the way back, whilst queuing in traffic, back into part of Leeds, I saw this

I've known of the shop for a long time, & have been in, but it was the mural on the side-wall that I've never noticed before

(or the BT junction boxes opposite!!!)

Steve Kish will definitely know who it is, & the 'palmares', does anyone else??

It certainly looks like them, & I have 'spoken' to a family member I know, who tells me no-ones seen it (or knew about it)

DSCF3570.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  725.54 KB
 Viewed:  1659 Time(s)

DSCF3570.JPG

DSCF3568.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  714.78 KB

DSCF3568.JPG

DSCF3567.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  720.05 KB

DSCF3567.JPG

DSCF3572.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  739.49 KB

DSCF3572.JPG

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Steve Kish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard

Yes, of course I knew the late BB, CB and DB but won't ruin it for anyone else ,,, that's assuming that there are still any road enthusiasts still on the forum! Rolling Eyes

I've seen BB many times and even tried to replicate her 'one hand higher than the other' style in case it made me faster - it didn't! Confused

Incidentally, and speaking of lady cyclists, almost exactly two months ago I was cycling in the Alta Badia region of the Dolomites and had the extreme pleasure of meeting probably the greatest female cyclist ever (sorry BB), Maria Canins.

Twice winner of the female Tour de France, she stood on the winner's podium in 1985 with Hinault and 1986 with LeMond. As well as this she won the polka dot jersey 5 times, won a silver medal in the 1982 World Road championships after only starting cycling a few months before, was twice World MTB champion and Italian cross country skiing champion about 15 times .... unbelievable palmares.

Unfortunately the whole downside for me was that due to a stupid move by a van towing a trailer, I crashed at high speed on the Passo di Campolongo and am now in recovery mode and being pretty ancient, it's taking a fair bit longer than the two months that I hoped for. Bad whiplash, cracked/bruised ribs, nerve damage and a pretty chewed-up left arm that has a few small permanent scars will probably mean that it will be another month. I can ride a bike but I'm pretty weak but at least nothing broken .... even the bike can be fixed! Mr. Green

Take care

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Road Bike Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: