Shimano Saint Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Shimano Saint Brakes Reply with quote

Hi All

A friends rear Shimano Saint brake lever after the last event is like it's glued to the bars, if you push it forward it springs straight back to the bars.

We thought we would try a bleed but you couldn't push the pistons back, the only way to get a bleed block in was to open the bleed nipple to release pressure, got that in and then tried pushing fluid from the calliper with a syringe and you can't get any fluid into the system at all, open span and bite point adjusters fully, also tried seeing if any fluid drained down from the top with gravity and nothing.

I'm thinking there is a problem in the brake master cylinder so it wont let any fluid move any ideas of a fix or what the problem is.

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted Know
KTM540

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just saw this, sounds like the fluid has got passed the seals in the master cylinder somehow to me from what you've wrote ??

What was it ?

sage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM540 wrote:
Only just saw this, sounds like the fluid has got passed the seals in the master cylinder somehow to me from what you've wrote ??

What was it ?

The piston in the master cylinder was stuck so wouldn't let fluid move in any direction, so we removed the hose and helped it back with a hex key ( well my mate did as they are his brakes Laughing ) possible an air line might of been better but it worked which is good as he has Hopton BDS this weekend, mind if it does play up there he can go to the Shimano tent and get it sorted, they are quite generous to racers Shocked

Hopefully it won't bugger about as he's getting top 10-15 finishes in his class in BDS, fingers crossed Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: