Got knocked off again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Got knocked off again Reply with quote

So, cycling to work this morning, zoned out, enjoying the wonderful surroundings that are Watermead Country Park, when this other fool on a bike pulls out from a blind T junction straight into me. Bang; I went down like a sack of potatoes. After some polite conversation I dusted myself off and continued my journey, feeling a little sore in numerous places.

Now here’s the thing. Although he (my fellow cyclist) is obviously a tw*t for pulling out without looking, and at speed. So fast in fact, that he takes up the whole road in his broad left turn on to the main cycle path. Although he is a tw*t, I know this; I have seen him do it many times before. Luckily the timings meant that we never collided before.

Because of this knowledge I normally take care approaching this junction and look out for him. On this occasion I was zoned out and wasn’t paying attention and it cost me.

So now I feel guilty, I feel it was partially my fault. Maybe I should stop listening to the voices in my head.
On the plus side he was very apologetic and maybe he will amend his ways.

Lotus one plus one Columbus tubing 3 x butted
Campag chorus group including wheels

Marin Rocky Ridge 2001

Marin 2013 Indian Fire Trail 29er (best Marin ever)

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Threevok

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - he's a c*ck womble - pay it no more attention

If there's something you would like reflect on, contemplate the fact that he may have learned from the experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: