tubeless tyres and wheels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carrera gt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: tubeless tyres and wheels Reply with quote

hi all just bought carrera vulcan and i was wondering if anyone on here can help me.
i would like to go tubeless and was wondering can i use the wheels that came with the bike and the tyres or do i have to buy some new wheels and tyres
thanks

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Leedodds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: tubeless tyres and wheels Reply with quote

carrera gt wrote:
hi all just bought carrera vulcan and i was wondering if anyone on here can help me.
i would like to go tubeless and was wondering can i use the wheels that came with the bike and the tyres or do i have to buy some new wheels and tyres
thanks

You need to check the tyres and wheels are tubeless ready (UST), the tyres will normally have UST or TR printed on them if so. You will also need tubeless rim tape and valve kit.

Thanks
Lee

Specialized Rockhopper Pro 29er 2013
martini henrie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the wheel isn't set for tubeless, it is possible to go ghetto tubeless using gorilla tape. Here are some useful vids to help you along the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybGjdlPWSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Zej_9cVg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: