Learning to jump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rambosion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Learning to jump Reply with quote

Hi,

Relatively new to MTB and going to my local trail centre (llandegla) i'm having difficulty finding my cajones and jumping/getting some air - guess it's a case of lack of skill, coordination, speed etc but just wondering if anyone has any tips as it's starting to hold me back a bit now.

Thanks

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
pedro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are only just starting out don't worry about it too much, as hopefully you will be riding and improving for many years to come.

Not sure if degla has one, but a skills area is a great place to start. Anywhere with different sized tabletops that you can practice over and over will build your skills and gradually build up your confidence, rather than just continually riding around the trails.

Also meet up with some more experienced riders if possible. See if you can follow them in at trail speed over jumps as that will let you know how fast you need to be going in order to clear things successfully - hitting the down ramp rather than landing on the top.

There are some great channels on YouTube to learn tips from, such as GMBN - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_A--fhX5gea0i4UtpD99Gg

Most of all have fun and practice, practice, practice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Mountain Biking Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: