Changing Shimano XT 2x11 into Sram GX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReignOfFire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Changing Shimano XT 2x11 into Sram GX Reply with quote

Hi

My shimano drivetrain on FS CUBE Stereo has been great.
However as with some old cassettes, shimano decided to make them in multiple parts (My old bike had 9-speed xt with alloy spider), which damages the hub's body.
I hear cranking noise once in a while now, after i push. It isn;t coming from gears as i have no problem shifting nor any "jumps" over the cogs.

However drivetrain is around 15 months old, so i expect it to fail within 18 to 24 months bracket.

I am actually thinking of changing into sram as i have to replace hub's body, i might simply buy XD compatible one.

I know the question might be an old chestnut - Do i have to replace everything: ?, and by everything i mean:
1. Crank
2. Cassette
3. Chain,
4. Shifter(s)
5. Mech(s)

and obviously hub's body

Is it worth it ? Sram xg 1150 is one piece (not exactly one piece, just with pins, but still)
Or maybe a bit more expensive GX eagle 12 speed ?

I read somewhere not to use shimano shifters, as they have different ratio.
I am not a big fan of 1x11, however if that prolongs the life of my hub's body i might make a sacrifice.

Thanks !

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: