MTB Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alasdair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: MTB Upgrades Reply with quote

Hi All,

New user so apologises if this is in the wrong section.

Last year I started to mtb I got myself what seems to be a good set up bike to get starting if not a decent one. I have a 2018 Giant Talon 1 29er before I thought about changing everything I have used it for the past 8 months to work out initially if I needed too.

I am mechanical minded but the bike world terminology trips me up with what I need to order

The questions I have current it runs a 180mm and 160 mm brake rotors and I’m looking to upgrade the brakes after a few close moments. I understand I need some brake adapters, would I need post to post for front and rear or post to IS?

Second question the tyres are currently Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2". Would changing them to a 2.25 be a problem, I have seen some 2.25/ that I would like but I am not too sure if it’s okay to fit them as the original is 2.2. The rims are currently 21mm inner width tubeless ready.

Would there be any other upgrades worth while considering?

Thanks in advance

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: