rockshox tora sl 302 oil leak...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ste_d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: rockshox tora sl 302 oil leak... Reply with quote

hello folks,

i bought a 2008 rockhopper online at the end of november last year

was out at the weekend and got home to find that my rebound adjuster had fallen out

fair enough, thought it was knackered but got some advice that it is just a 2.5mm allen key to adjust anyway

so the bike had been upside down on the dining room floor since the weekend (fork bottom pointing up) tweaked the rebound adjuster with a 2.5mm allen key and noticed a bit of oil on the end, turned the bike the right way round...and now the rebound adjuster area seems to have an oil leak, a steady drip

so, having googled and read around do i have the oft wrote about rockshox defective fork with a leak?

did it get damaged during my ride when the adjuster knob came out?

did i somehow damage it by tweaking with the 2.5mm allen key?

whats the best course of action, take to my local lbs (didn't buy it here) or get in touch with the online shop i bought from?

sorry, too many questions...

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
bry5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without having looked at any sources for info on the net, I think its a safe bet to take it down to your local bike shop, a trustworthy one mind, and ask their advice.

Alternatively - TF tuned servcie rockshox forks (www.tftuned.com). You could give them a phone call and see what they say.

Alternatively, is it under the 12 month warranty still? If so get in contact with rockshox and tell them it fell off, leaked since it fell off, and can they fix.

Bry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: