The El Guapo Build Thread *Now with Pictures*...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archaic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love it!!!!

The differences over my kona ht are immense, the way its currently set up makes me feel like I'm sitting in, rather than on the bike.

It is sooo much easier to get both wheels off the ground at the same time over the HT, so much so that the El Guapo has now taken over commuting duties as it's just THAT much more fun to go and play on.

Now that my 3 months of faffing about in Canada are almost over I'll be bringing it back at Christmas for some 'play time' SmileSmileSmile

Titus El Guapo V3

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
chopperheys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate I'm so relieved that you like the bike so much! It's always a worry when suggesting frames and parts to people, incase they don't like them but from reading this thread you sound like you're more than happy with every single part and aspect of the bike. I'm well chuffed for you and hugely jealous lol, I was going to buy one then changed my mind to the covert. Very Happy

Future build - Cannondale Chase
TypeR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, thanks for replying fella. The bike sounds awesome. Think I'll treat myself to the frame for Christmas. I'm going to go for the pearl white with a 150mm Rockshox Revelation fork, should make for a pretty good all mountain hack Wink
Archaic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries TypeR, many thanks to Chopper and co who guided me on the original thread, it helped shape one heck of a ride, i just need the kahona's ro really ride it.

Have a read of the original thread an you'll see why I picked the bits and bobs especially with regards some of the 'hidden' bits and pieces, plus the guys really helped me with ghetto building some of the sub components hahahaha

Titus El Guapo V3
mike_ep3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi m8 great build just wondering about your raceface crank and what rings you have used as i have bought the same crank but the outer ring says 9 speed and i have everything for a 10 speed many thanks mike
Archaic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike_ep3 wrote:
hi m8 great build just wondering about your raceface crank and what rings you have used as i have bought the same crank but the outer ring says 9 speed and i have everything for a 10 speed many thanks mike

Haha mike, putting my bike onto the rack to head home after yesterday's GT fun and games i noticed the same Sad

It still goes round and round but i've noticed that potentially i've misaligned everything as the chain line just looks 'odd'.. hasnt stopped me pedalling it and havent noticed any real damage.

Big question, what size arms did you go for? I've issues with pedal clouting the floor when i'm not paying attention as that bottom bracket is LOW.....

Titus El Guapo V3
mike_ep3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thought as much i read all reviews for the el guapo so i went for the 170mm arms and 17mm pedals but am gonna send the crank back i think and get a shimano slx
low-cogger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archaic wrote:
mike_ep3 wrote:

Haha mike, putting my bike onto the rack to head home after yesterday's GT fun and games i noticed the same Sad

It still goes round and round but i've noticed that potentially i've misaligned everything as the chain line just looks 'odd'.. hasnt stopped me pedalling it and havent noticed any real damage.

Big question, what size arms did you go for? I've issues with pedal clouting the floor when i'm not paying attention as that bottom bracket is LOW.....

Hey,where've you suddenly sprung up from? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: