The lizard has landed :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: The lizard has landed :) Reply with quote

Well I've took delivery of my new frame today, 2014 Santa Cruz Chameleon. It's absolutely stunning in the metal and I'm itching to get it finished. Here's a few pics Wink





Changeable drop outs




ISCG05 mounts and reverb stealth routing




Hope headset



New chain set, 26/38t shimano SLX




_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
jgmu97



Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 2814
Location: Isle of Wight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thats bright

Lovely looking frame that, i have a feeling its going to look sick built up

Whats all that sh*t on your camera lens though. Took me a while to realize you didn't have marks on your new frame Confused

_________________
Your Reverb has more travel than my forks

2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc - Highly Upgraded MTB
1980's Peugeot Carbolite 103 - Project Fixie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Usernamesaremostlylame



Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Posts: 866

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful frame... Not sure on the morning piss colour... Perhaps it's just the light...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgmu97 wrote:
Wow, thats bright

Lovely looking frame that, i have a feeling its going to look sick built up

Whats all that sh*t on your camera lens though. Took me a while to realize you didn't have marks on your new frame Confused


Cheers fella.

Aye my phone camera lens has shite stuck behind it, will use a better camera for the finished pics Smile

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usernamesaremostlylame wrote:
Beautiful frame... Not sure on the morning piss colour... Perhaps it's just the light...


Laughing colour is better in the flesh, tennis yellow...... Exactly the same colour as a tennis ball funnily enough Wink

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Usernamesaremostlylame



Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Posts: 866

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypeR wrote:
Usernamesaremostlylame wrote:
Beautiful frame... Not sure on the morning piss colour... Perhaps it's just the light...


Laughing colour is better in the flesh, tennis yellow...... Exactly the same colour as a tennis ball funnily enough Wink


That'll be nice then Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usernamesaremostlylame wrote:
TypeR wrote:
Usernamesaremostlylame wrote:
Beautiful frame... Not sure on the morning piss colour... Perhaps it's just the light...


Laughing colour is better in the flesh, tennis yellow...... Exactly the same colour as a tennis ball funnily enough Wink


That'll be nice then Very Happy


Thanks matey Smile

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Euans2
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, looking forward to seeing that bad boy finished
Back to top
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euans2 wrote:
Nice, looking forward to seeing that bad boy finished


Thanks Euan, may be while before it's complete. Mrs TypeR seems to think new upvc windows are more important than a set of Rockshox revelations and some Hope Hoops Rolling Eyes

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
low-cogger
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this turns out as nice as the guapo you'll have another stonker mate, looking forward to the progress reports.
Back to top
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low-cogger wrote:
If this turns out as nice as the guapo you'll have another stonker mate, looking forward to the progress reports.


Thanks mate, that's good of you to say. Will keep this thread updated Smile

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluearsedfly



Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 1591
Location: Lancashire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypeR wrote:
Euans2 wrote:
Nice, looking forward to seeing that bad boy finished


Thanks Euan, may be while before it's complete. Mrs TypeR seems to think new upvc windows are more important than a set of Rockshox revelations and some Hope Hoops Rolling Eyes


That's where wimmin show they're not wired up reet, can't even sort their priorities out.

Will be conservatorys and holidays next Rolling Eyes

Looking good, what kind of spec you going for?

_________________
Banshee Spitfire
Planet X XLS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
letmein



Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 568
Location: North Yorks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Cool

That would have gone really well with my old mtb wagon (long gone now unfortunately). . . .

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluearsedfly wrote:
TypeR wrote:
Euans2 wrote:
Nice, looking forward to seeing that bad boy finished


Thanks Euan, may be while before it's complete. Mrs TypeR seems to think new upvc windows are more important than a set of Rockshox revelations and some Hope Hoops Rolling Eyes


That's where wimmin show they're not wired up reet, can't even sort their priorities out.

Will be conservatorys and holidays next Rolling Eyes

Looking good, what kind of spec you going for?


Tell me about it Laughing


Spec wise I'm not 100% decided on all the finishing kit but it'll be something along the lines of:

2014 Rockshox Revelation RCT3 140mm
SLX 2x10 drivetrain
Hope Hubs on Mavic XM719 rims
Either XT or SLX brakes

The rest is to be decided Smile



Quote:
Nice

That would have gone really well with my old mtb wagon (long gone now unfortunately). . . .



Wow that looks lovely mate, the colour is very similar Cool

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OhAndFour



Joined: 16 May 2012
Posts: 518
Location: Northumberland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those frames. Can't wait to see this built up.

What fork you putting on it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum