Titus El Guapo Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
betty_swollox



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7962
Location: North East, Washington

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasmanisar wrote:
I was going to say, there is no way that has a 67 degree head angle. Looks ultra sweet now bud Very Happy



you can tell the difference between 65 and 67 degrees?

_________________
Richie

Custom 2012 Transition TR450


.........and something else is on its way

Time to get as much out of life as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonny the Leyther wrote:
Not normally a big fan of F/S bikes looks but that is a very pretty bike mate. Probably my favourite F/S on these forums.


Wow, thanks dude Cool

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hendo



Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 1163

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Class mate, forks are monsters too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hendo wrote:
Class mate, forks are monsters too


Cheers fella Very Happy

Just for the hell of it, here is a picture of it in the wild Smile


_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcbrown46



Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 855
Location: Preston

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, just awesome!! I am currently pricing up an El Guapo build myself how did you find the forks in the climbs/general trails etc ?
_________________
Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 Custom
Cube Acid 2012 - Gone, but never forgotten
Trek 3500 - Gone, as it was stolen

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/nukeproof-mega-am-build-new-parts-t41951.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcbrown46 wrote:
awesome, just awesome!! I am currently pricing up an El Guapo build myself how did you find the forks in the climbs/general trails etc ?


Thanks fella. All I can say is do it, you won't be dissapointed with the EG. The new fork is great, very smooth and progressive and the travel feels bottomless. Since riding it with the Lyrik I now feel as though it was slightly under forked when I had the 150mm floats on it.

Although having 170mm front travel it climbs really well and doesn't seem to bob about at all so you can make pretty steady progess. The bike really comes alive on the descents though and it seems to take all you can throw at it. Overall I'm over the moon with bike Smile

Just need a reverb now Laughing

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcbrown46



Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 855
Location: Preston

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypeR wrote:
marcbrown46 wrote:
awesome, just awesome!! I am currently pricing up an El Guapo build myself how did you find the forks in the climbs/general trails etc ?


Thanks fella. All I can say is do it, you won't be dissapointed with the EG. The new fork is great, very smooth and progressive and the travel feels bottomless. Since riding it with the Lyrik I now feel as though it was slightly under forked when I had the 150mm floats on it.

Although having 170mm front travel it climbs really well and doesn't seem to bob about at all so you can make pretty steady progess. The bike really comes alive on the descents though and it seems to take all you can throw at it. Overall I'm over the moon with bike Smile

Just need a reverb now Laughing


Sounds great I was looking at some Revelations but was concerned the BB would be too low I have a budget of around £2300 so should get a decent 2x10 spec for that soprt of money !

agreed a reverb is most definately required !!

I was originally going for a Canyon Strive AL8.0 but would much rather have fun building my own bike Very Happy

_________________
Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 Custom
Cube Acid 2012 - Gone, but never forgotten
Trek 3500 - Gone, as it was stolen

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/nukeproof-mega-am-build-new-parts-t41951.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zandy01



Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 824
Location: Blyth, Northumberland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypeR wrote:
Hendo wrote:
Class mate, forks are monsters too


Cheers fella Very Happy

Just for the hell of it, here is a picture of it in the wild Smile



Here's the owner of EG...



Why so serious ??? We were at the top and having a rest before heading down Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dazzzzbo



Joined: 04 Dec 2011
Posts: 2258
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is stu smiling Smile. You don't want to see his serious face 👹
_________________
You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead. (stan laurel)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
betty_swollox



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7962
Location: North East, Washington

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOZ MR ANGRY
_________________
Richie

Custom 2012 Transition TR450


.........and something else is on its way

Time to get as much out of life as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zandy01 wrote:
TypeR wrote:
Hendo wrote:
Class mate, forks are monsters too


Cheers fella Very Happy

Just for the hell of it, here is a picture of it in the wild Smile



Here's the owner of EG...



Why so serious ??? We were at the top and having a rest before heading down Laughing


Andy you tw*t lol...... most unflattering photo ever Laughing

Quote:
Sounds great I was looking at some Revelations but was concerned the BB would be too low I have a budget of around £2300 so should get a decent 2x10 spec for that soprt of money !

agreed a reverb is most definately required !!

I was originally going for a Canyon Strive AL8.0 but would much rather have fun building my own bike Very Happy


Yeah definitely do your own build, you'll learn a lot and it's great fun. There is nothing to be scared of Smile

On-one are now advising that the V3 El Guapo is a 160/170mm frame so if you could push for some 160mm forks minimum that would be great. Speak as you find though mine was still great with the 150's.

Think mine came in at about 2.3k with the previous fork so it's definitely do-able Smile

Quote:
That is stu smiling Smile. You don't want to see his serious face 👹


I'm always smiling me Wink

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
low-cogger
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a cracking build mate,sweet as,well done Wink
Back to top
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

low-cogger wrote:
that's a cracking build mate,sweet as,well done Wink


Thanks matey, much appreciated Cool

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcbrown46



Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 855
Location: Preston

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep cracking looking build mate !!!! Very Happy much better spec than a shop bought one !!
_________________
Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 Custom
Cube Acid 2012 - Gone, but never forgotten
Trek 3500 - Gone, as it was stolen

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/nukeproof-mega-am-build-new-parts-t41951.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypeR



Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: Sunderland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcbrown46 wrote:
yep cracking looking build mate !!!! Very Happy much better spec than a shop bought one !!


Cheers fella, just a reverb to get next and that'll be coming as soon as someone buys my old fork Wink

_________________
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Titus El Guapo V3
Cube Ltd Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum