Trip to glentress
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Organise A Mountain Bike Ride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duncan111180

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Trip to glentress Reply with quote

hi folks thinking of hitting Glentress this weekend either Saturday or Sunday never been before so wondering the best routes for a beginner who is still looking for some epic downhills and drop offs what's best route to take also anybody else heading that way this weekend

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
crom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duncan, if your taking the Apollo fs26 and I don't mean to be rude but Glentress will be hitting you hard on that machine. I snapped a bike at that place, and I didn't even have a crash. Good luck.
duncan111180

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crom wrote:
Duncan, if your taking the Apollo fs26 and I don't mean to be rude but Glentress will be hitting you hard on that machine. I snapped a bike at that place, and I didn't even have a crash. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Crom I guess if I'm going to abuse a bike it may as well be the Apollo if I break it it gives me an excuse to upgrade sooner lol
MPX309

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duncan111180 wrote:
crom wrote:

Thanks for the advice Crom I guess if I'm going to abuse a bike it may as well be the Apollo if I break it it gives me an excuse to upgrade sooner lol

Safety first mate. Braking a bike is one thing, but some bikes are also dangerous in their construction and not really designed to endure the stresses and force inflicted by actual mountain bike trails. The Apollo is one of them, and you may seriously end up hurting yourself.

I don't want to say don't ride it or don't have fun on it, I saw the video you posted in the other thread, and yes that is essentially all mountain biking is at our level, just having fun on whatever bike you own at any price range, but there is a limit on on minimum requirements needed to enjoy the sport safely. Just take care out there buddy is all I'm saying.

duncan111180

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe in the interests of safety ill just hire a bike at tweed valley any recommendations what to try out
Bones

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea leave the Apollo at home mate, you won't go wrong following the red and the blue at Gt, friendly lads in the bike shop next to the carpark will sort you out with a nice ride. They have some nice orange 5s to play with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Organise A Mountain Bike Ride All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: