Trying to get fit biking help and advice please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giantAstax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus05 wrote:
Well today has been hell had ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and fruit for lunch

2 bottles of water and I feel so tired and drained have head ache
And I'm to go to spin tonight so I gues I'm doing something wrong

Sad

You need to be a tad more specific with amounts and cooking methods. Don't see too many green veg in there and how much and of what sort of fruit?

Ham and eggs are both high on protein and if you have too much protein at one sitting it just gets laid down as fat as the body can't deal with it. If I was you I'd get some proper dietary advice from a professional. We're all trying to be helpful and even though I have been through a similar loop to you, you really need specific advice for your own body/circumstances.

The general principals apply, cut carbs, get what carbs you do eat mostly from veg, be careful how much and what fruit you eat, don't overdo the protein and eat a balanced diet avoiding processed shite.

On the ham, what sort of ham is it? On the bone, off the bone, home cooked, or that pre-sliced pre-packaged water infused salt ladened shite in packs?

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Focus05

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is why I need a diet plan the a list of actual meal
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Once I cut out white carbs I'm lost had sandwich for years at work
scoop940

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was nearly 14st 2 1/2 years ago and now just over 11. Mainly riding and reducing the junk type foods - white bread rice etc. Brown rice is actually ok if you cook it long enough - much longer than white rice!

I have cut out sandwiches most days now, does have an effect but it takes a while to happen. Generally have a tuna salad. Easy made, Tend to empty a tin of tuna into a lunch box, mix in a bit of mayo. Fill the rest of the box with that ready to eat salad mix, some mini tomatos and a couple of carrots for snacks, not the healthiest salad but keeps me full for the day. Sitting at a desk is a killer for snacking!

Also, may have missed in in the thread - Do you drink?

Up until 3 months ago I was drinking probably 50 units a week, mix of beer and wine, was sitting at about 12st6. Deciding to cut it out - mainly to save money and a stone has fallen off, quite surprised, And the bank looks better!

Do you keep a log of everything you do eat, might be worth writing it down and work oout where the calories are coming from.
Focus05

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start a log and no I don't drink
paulmac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use my fitness pal.... its good, bit of a pain to get into habit of logging everything, but after a few weeks its a doddle. deffo recommend it.
Over 6 months is lost 14 kg with sensible diet and riding 10 - miles a week. Very Happy
Still got a few more to loose tho Embarassed
Focus05

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Looked at price of dietitian and at £100 ago it's a no and the ones at the doctors are crap

Going to re join slimming world on Monday and re give that ago

Spin went ok last night hard work next class is Saturday
Yeren

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Focus, im kinda in the same boat as you, but i need to loose weight for work purposes. i think what your doing is a good thing and hope you manage to keep it up

Been reading alot on here and taken the ketogenic diet on board. its actually really good. last 3 days i have lost 5lbs but that is coupled with some riding for myself, Completed a 39 mile trip today with an elevation of 3500ft in 3 hours 22mins.

was surprisingly alright towards the end. I was thinking of starting a weight loss story thingy but i dont know if it is something people really want to read. i don't know lol

Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeren wrote:
................ I was thinking of starting a weight loss story thingy but i dont know if it is something people really want to read. i don't know lol

I think it's amazing the amount of people who are in this position and would benefit from reading "a weight loss story thingy".

What else amazes me is the amount of people in this position who want to read stuff like this but don't want others to know about it, or contribute to it, because they feel some totally unwarranted sense of perhaps "guilt" for being in such a position, overweight or unfit.

Weight loss is not easy, it's a tremendous effort and something only to be applauded for those who achieve it.

giantAstax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus05 wrote:
Ok this is why I need a diet plan the a list of actual meal
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Once I cut out white carbs I'm lost had sandwich for years at work

Don't cut out carbs, just potatoes, bread (deffo white but take care with other sorts), pasta, rice (you can gave brown rice) and watch those fructose high fruits. You can eat as much broccoli as you want and carrots are mostly good. in fact most greens are great plus salad stuffs. Anything dark in colour is mostly good if its fruit and veg too so strawberries, blackberries, black currents, blueberries etcs, Limit your bananas and apples but you can have 1 of each a day and try to avoid tinned fruits.

Chicken and turkey are tops and you can have cheese as long as you don't go overboard. Eggs are mostly good but again take care especially if you have high cholesterol.

My wife makes a brilliant red pepper and butternut squash soup, she also makes a brilliant courgette stew type meal with garlic and spinach. If you like I can get you the recipes.

We have turkey meatballs and if we have chilli con carne we have a small wholemeal pita and loads of salad so no rice. Similar with the meatballs. Breakfast is typically porridge with a teaspoon of honey and if you like it a big blob of yogurt (which I hate).

We have loads of salmon with veg or salad when its on offer or smoked mackerel salad when its not. But no dressings like salad cream or mayo.

I said this before but WATCH YOUR PORTION SIZE and you will (if you were like me) be used to 2 or 3 times more than you need. Take time eating and let your brain tell you you're full. Never clear your plate, not ever. It's a mind game.

You can PM me anytime if you want some support or 'non-expert advice' but I have been there myself and its a shame I'm 3 hours from Leeds or I'd be happy to get together some time. And get that mynetdiary app. It's brilliant!
Focus05

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys it does seam to have started to become a diary and I've no idea if anyone what's to read it or weather it in the right part of the forum now lol

Ok so hopefully I've got it now if not it chicken and veg for the next six months
Right of to Saturday morning spin class
giantAstax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. For dinner.....

Monday: Robollita http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/my-favourite-rib ollita-la-mia-ribollita-preferita

Tuesday: Goats cheese salad with pine nuts

Wednesday: Turkey meatballs with home made tomato and onion sauce , salad and wholemeal pitta

Thursday:small piece of sirloin steak with mushrooms and salad

Friday:roast chicken thighs with broccoli, peas, carrots and courgette

Saturday: smoked mackerel salad

Sunday: wholemeal toast with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

Breakfasts:porridge with various berries. You could have eggs instead some days

For lunch avoid bought sarnies as they are often 500 to 1000 calories. Have salads with tune, sweet corn, chicken, ham or a single wholemeal pitta with the above. You can throw in a small amount I'd pasta, rice or potatoes very occasionally but starchy high GI carbs are the enemy.

Keep an eye on portion size and you'll lose weight in no time.
Focus05

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers will take a look when I'm home
On way how as the Robbin t-@ts at xersice4less didn't bother to tell the 36 people who booked this mornings spin it was not on due to some event they have on for the next 2 weeks

Guess I should have known when you pay £9.99 a month
Better not rain tomorrow now that's bike day
Yeren

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this reply giant. I think I'll find a replacement for Monday as Tuesday and try that out starting Wednesday. I have my weigh in Tuesday and I'll start my own thread then with before and afters instead of hijacking this one.
Focus05

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today's ride was a mud and windy one its so hard to ride head on wind did 28mile and gps unit says 1151Kcal burned off

Here is the ride if you want a look ---> http://www.brytonsport.com/mapTrackView/2?id=3505673
Yeren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question about the Bryton. think it is worth its money if i were to get it with a heart monitor? would love one with a map too but that is just being picky i think so i can pre plan routes and not get lost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> The Cardio Room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: