For those who have a roadie...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Organise A Mountain Bike Ride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: For those who have a roadie... Reply with quote

I've got a little ride I'm wanting to do in a few weeks (on my next long weekend off so probably be a Friday or a Monday). It's a 30 miler from Hornby or Appleton wiske into Northallerton then back through the villages. It's a road route but if you haven't got a Road bike it's no problem all are welcome as always. Very Happy

According to the guide book it's an easy ride with the highest point being 75m ASL so it's relatively flat. Pace will probably be moderate - quick(ish).

Let me know if you're interested Wink

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
Agman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested on any day, but on me hols Easter week. What time are you starting the ride, yeah it is flat as a pancake in them parts.
Any chance of a lift Wink .

Another ride I fancy out of the Collins Guide is a 39 miler, again a road route. Start Tesco's - Carlton - Redmarshall - Allen's West - Yarm - Low/High Worsall - Girsby - Low Dinsdale - Neasham - Middleton St George - Sadberge - then a choice, either continue to Sedgefield and back along A177 or to Bishopton and to Tesco's. (I think Bishopton would be better)

Grade: Easy

Terrain: Well-surfaced, gently undulating roads
Denny69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup a lift should be no problem...I've done a route similar to the one you describe.

My house (Hardwick), MOD centre, Eaglescliffe, Middleton St. George, Dinsdale, Neasham, Hurworth, Blackwell Grange, Darlington, A66, Sadberge, Whinny hill then home. I was going to go through Bishopton, Carlton and then home but me feet were freezing so I just went the quickest way possible!!.

Easter sounds good, as soon as I find out what I'll be working I'll set a date. I'm available during the week if you ever fancy a ride during the week, road preferred as I'm trying to build up my stamina and lose a shed load of weight!!! Embarassed Wink

If you fancy doing that route this week I'm off on Wednesday...will have to be an early(ish) start as I've promised the wife I'd do some DIY Shocked Embarassed !!
Agman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be changing my holiday dates to the 1st week in April and then I might be doing the trip over to Whitby, Scarborough, Hornsea, Hull, York and home.

Can't do Wednesday next week, one-off maintenance job at work. But normally free all week during the day.

How miles are you going reach target, mine is 60.

Got another 70 miler, if interested. Stockton - Redmarshall - Gt.Stainton - Heighington - Piercebridge - Middleton Tyas - Scorton - Danby Wiske - Appleton Wiske - Leven Bank - Ingleby Barwick - Tees Barrage - Stockton.

Got loads more in the 30 - 60 mile range, one's I've done and noted down over the last 8 years.
Denny69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can reach 50 miles in one go by spring I'll be happy. That 70 sounds nice!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Organise A Mountain Bike Ride All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: