A wet day at Llandegla
View previous topic :: View next topic  
downhill_kitty

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: A wet day at Llandegla Reply with quote

So yesterday morning we awoke to.......RAIN! I had planned to ride Llandegla this weekend and our usual crew were busy so me and Ukan packed up the bikes and wet weather gear and set off to Llandegla. We landed about 11am and got a brew and a bacon butty from the cafe and set off in pouring rain.

Made it up the 3 mile climb without stopping!! Very Happy

We did a mix of the red and black trails and along the way, not far after Aston's puncture stop, we found a lad called Simon, on his own, struggling with a puncture. He said he had been trying to sort it for nearly an hour!! Shocked Shocked Also he thought his pump may be broken...

We stopped and came to the rescue - the puncture had not sealed, so we donated him a tube, got his wheel back on and invited him to tag along with us. He is a Wiganer, so we have also encouraged him to join the forum so he can find people to ride with over Summer before he heads off to Uni.

Anyway, here is my vid of the day. Simon is still new and had never done the red or black runs before, so we talked him through and he managed pretty much everything! No music this time, so please excuse the heavy breathing and random conversation/instruction...

It was a day of 2 halves and although it was peeing down whilst out in the open on the climb and first trail, by the end of the ride the sun was out.

Keep en eye out around the 8 minute mark, where the mud fairy finally caught up with me, and there is a nearly collision around the 14 min mark as Simon stopped without warning and I nearly ran into the back of him - Simon is the one in the yellow coat Very Happy

http://youtu.be/xfc_lIcg4EY

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
kalli

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video downhill kitty, I love it at Llandegla Very Happy
PulledByAMalamute

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done making it up the climb. The weather has put me off biking recently.

Previous bikes
- Canyon Torque EX Vertride (2014)
- Canyon Nerve AM 6 (2012)
downhill_kitty

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PulledByAMalamute wrote:
Well done making it up the climb. The weather has put me off biking recently.

That was why we had to say O this weekend - we are riding WHAT EV O!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2 soggy days, but well worth it! Very Happy

Kalli wrote:

Great video downhill kitty, I love it at Llandegla

Me too, I think it has become my favourite trail centre so far, there are still loads that I have not got to yet, but degla keeps calling me back every few months it seems!!

killswitch73

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that your heart beat i can hear in the background kitty ?

its going pretty quick !

downhill_kitty

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killswitch73 wrote:

its going pretty quick !

Laughing Laughing Laughing Its possible, but more likely to be straps and that bouncing against the GoPro - I do give it everything though and generally can't talk when I stop!! Laughing Laughing Embarassed

killswitch73

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downhill_kitty wrote:
killswitch73 wrote:

its going pretty quick !

Laughing Laughing Laughing Its possible, but more likely to be straps and that bouncing against the GoPro - I do give it everything though and generally can't talk when I stop!! Laughing Laughing Embarassed

its defoo your heart kitty , i turned up the bass on the PC speaker (Z-5500) and it deffo your heart the Gopro picking up (it is faint but with bass pushed up on sub you can hear it).. my missis said you got great big ones and she cant wait to get back into it next summer (pregnant and due november) i think your videos could inspire other female riders out there .

downhill_kitty

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killswitch73 wrote:
downhill_kitty wrote:
killswitch73 wrote:

its going pretty quick !

its defoo your heart kitty , i turned up the bass on the PC speaker (Z-5500) and it deffo your heart the Gopro picking up (it is faint but with bass pushed up on sub you can hear it).. my missis said you got great big ones and she cant wait to get back into it next summer (pregnant and due november) i think your videos could inspire other female riders out there .

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Thanks very much...and congrats to you both on the new mtber!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> At The Movies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: