Your ride today
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hugo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Your ride today Reply with quote

I have plagiarised the idea from another forum but I thought it would be a good idea to have a single thread where we can write about the rides we did today. Maybe we could make it a "sticky"? I will post my ride today next.

Register & log in to remove these advertisements!
mr-marty-martin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a very good idea... almost like a log...
hugo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great ride today. The kids were up early so I was out on the road just after 8 am. It felt great to be out on the summer bike and not to be wearing 3 or 4 layers of clothing to try to keep warm. The weather felt tropical compared to recent weeks and there was hardly any wind.

Today's route was I Barwick - Hutton Rudby - Crathone - Appleton Whiske - Welbury - East Harsley - Ellerbeck - Osmotherley - Sheepwash - Swainby - Hutton Rudby - I Barwick.

Total distance was 38 miles which I covered at an average of 16.4 mph. I was absolutely flying today and beat my previous best time for this route by over 5 minutes. Brilliant!
Richard A Thackeray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a reasonable, if short, ride out too (didn't have a lot of time, as we had friensd coming in the afternoon)

It's only about the 3rd time the Ripley's been out since buying it last November Embarassed (road conditions/weather's not been conducive to my wanting to use it)

I just had a quick trip around Castleford, Glasshoughton (home of 'Xscape'), FerryBridge, 'old' A1, Brotherton, Tadcaster 'turn-pike', South Milford, Sherburn-in-Elmet, Lumby, Fairburn, Castleford, & the return home.

It was on the cusp of warm enough for shorts; the first time this year on bike! (wore them for running for first time on Friday), but still had a long-sleeved trainng-top on.

Yesterday even saw me take the Trek MTB out for the first time since November!!!, when I rode (well....carried it!) it at the 'Cyclists verses Harriers'

I didn't go far, just onto part of the 'Trans-Pennine Trail' whilst wife & daughter were out shopping.

It's a long time since I'd been down there & they've opened up a lot of extra routes around the area. (passes through an old colliery, & demolished power-station grounds)

Steve Kish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out with the CTC today. Met at Jenners Cafe in Maidenhead (worst cuppa this side of Argentina!) and headed across the hills (of course! Confused ) to Waterside Cafe at Benson - better tea but mega-long wait as a lot of poofs wearing blasers, cravats and sailors hats hang around there, as it has mooring for their yachts!

Back again - made 76 miles total - nice and sunny throughout.

One nutter came in Assos shorts and a short-sleeved vest! Laughing
HarryB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody cold and windy today compared to yesterday but I needed to test my climbing legs as well as the climbing ability of the new Noah

Parked at Pinchinthorpe, through to great Ayton and then onto Westedale, Castleton. across Blakey Ridge, down into farndale, through ti Hutton=le-hole across to Helmsley then over to Clay Bank, down to Stokesley and then back. Total distance was exactly 100km. About 1,500m of climbing. I'll post all the stats later when I've looked at my Garmin and my Polar HR.

Good ride but the wind was a bar steward going over Blakey Ridge. Nearly turned back three times. Legs were pretty shredded at the end

mr-marty-martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a easy spin today...

no wind, totally flat and had a very high cadence going...

did i mention i was on the rollers Wink Wink
Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HarryB wrote:
Bloody cold and windy today compared to yesterday but I needed to test my climbing legs as well as the climbing ability of the new Noah

Glad somebody else noticed that.

I had planned on a quick blast on the MTB to test out the new chain and cassette on the climbs, but the need for some new brake pads for my Scott saw me shoot out on my hybrid to Stokesley for a pop into Westbrooks. I did a hour and a half on the flat around Stokesley, Ayton and Hilton.

The wind was a bit blowy when riding into it and could have been a little warmer.. Embarassed

A guy on a road bike came shooting past me on the downhill to Hilton with a cheery hello and I tried to catch his back wheel but he was fit and I was on a much heavier bike, and try as I could I just couldn't gain on him.

Steve Kish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today had a short off-road 45-minute test of my new forks and wearing-in session for my brake pads.

All was fine with hardly any mud. Got a bit hot when I got lost and had to climb the same big hill twice - felt my Wednesday and yesterday mileage a bit! Rolling Eyes
HarryB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lied. It was more than 100km. Computer say 100.1km. Ave speed 25.1kph. Total ascent 1463m. Speed was a bit slower than I'd expect but nearing in mind the number of tough climbs and the freakin wind I'm pleased to get a big one under my belt. According to my Polar I burnt more than 3,000 cals so I'll spend all day tomorrow eating like a pig.
Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HarryB wrote:
According to my Polar I burnt more than 3,000 cals so I'll spend all day tomorrow eating like a pig.

Lucky bugger..............

Due to work, my ride today, and attempting an earlier than planned build of my new bedroom furniture Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , I have consumed a diet more frugal than that of a Cistercian Monk during Lent.......... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And due to work tomorrow, my desire for a fast road ride (at some point) and the finishing of my furniture, plus my maiden attempt at replacing the pads in my Scott, I feel that I shall following the diet plan of a Wraith for the second day in a row Shocked Shocked Shocked

mr-marty-martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrrr, i hate km's and kph.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

it just dont sound right.... Razz
HarryB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunner, I've just looked at the Garmin it says 3,900 cals. One of the reasons I burn so many calories is lugging around all these electronic gizmos.

The new bike must be OK at descending cos I had a 68.1kph today. About 40mph. Not bad considering the wind and the fact I'm crap at descending

HarryB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-marty-martin wrote:
rrrr, i hate km's and kph.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

it just dont sound right.... Razz

Bearing in mind we've been metric since before you were born I find that amazing. Surely you use solely metric measurements at school

mr-marty-martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats that average speed in real money harry?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTBE Forum Index -> Road Bike Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496  Next
Page 1 of 496

Jump to: